RICE PAPER ROLLS
OATY TAHINI BISCUITS
1 carrot, peeled and sliced into thin batons
1/2 cucumber, peeled, de-seeded and thinly sliced
125g rice vermicelli noodles
1 packet Vietnamese style Rice Paper Wrappers
1. Soak noodles in boiling water for 5 minutes, drain and allow to cool.
2. Chop carrot, cucumber, herbs and any other vegetables you like, such as cabbage, capsicum, bean shoots, snow peas, or meats such as chicken, prawns or pork.
3. Mix together vegetables, herbs and noodles.
4. Wet Rice Paper Wrappers and lay onto a wet tea-towel to prevent them sticking.
5. Once they are soft, add the ingredients, roll over, tucking in each end and serve with sweet chilli sauce.
They can be stored in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
1 cup oats 1 cup plain flour
1/2 cup caster sugar 3/4 cup coconut
1/2 cup tahini 85g butter
2 tblsp honey 1/2 tsp bicarb. soda
4 tblsp boiling water 1 cup dried fruit (and seeds if you like)
1. Mix oats, flour, sugar and coconut in a large bowl.
2. Melt butter and honey in a saucepan with water.
3. Add bicarb. soda to the saucepan and stir well.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
5. Finally add tahini and dried fruit, mix well.
6. Roll into 30g balls and cook for 15 minutes at 180C or 160C fan forced.
1 chicken breast 2 tblsp flour
1 tblsp oil 1 tsp butter
1 egg white 1/4 tsp grated ginger
2 tsp cornflour 3 tsp brown sugar
1/4 cup lemon juice 1/4 cup chicken stock cube, crumbed
1/4 tsp grated ginger 2 tsp honey
3/4 cup water
1. Preheat oven to 100C.
2. Using a fork, lighly whisk the salt and ginger into the egg white. Add the chicken fillet and turn in the mixture.
3. Allow to stand for 10 minutes, then drain off excess liquid. Place the flour in a plastic bag, add the fillet and shake to coat.
4. Heat oil and butter in a pan and fry fillet until golden brown and cooked through.
5. Remove from pan, drain on paper towel and place in oven to keep warm.
TO MAKE THE SAUCE
1. Place the cornflour in a saucepan, add the lemon juice slowly and blend using a wooden spoon until smooth.
2. Add crumbed chicken stock cube, honey, brown sugar, grated ginger and water. Stir over low heat until it boils and thickens.
3. Spoon the sauce over the chicken and serve with steamed vegetables.