1 ¾ c white spelt flour 1 c coconut sugar, tightly packed ½ c cocoa powder ½ tsp baking powder ½ tsp bicarb soda ½ tsp cinnamon Pinch of salt ½ tsp vanilla extract 4 tbsp olive oil ¾ cup cold almond or soy milk 1 ½ tbsp apple cider vinegar 1 cup of frozen blackberries
Ganache Ingredients 100g organic, fair trade, dark chocolate, finely chopped ⅓ c coconut cream
1. Grease and line 12 muffin tins and preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
2. Sift flour, cocoa, baking powder, bicarb and cinnamon into a large mixing bowl.
3. Fold through salt and coconut sugar.
4. Make a well in the centre and add almond milk, olive oil, vanilla, blackberries and ACV.
5. Fold liquids through the dry mixture until just combined.
6. Using two spoons divide mixture between muffin tins equally.
7. Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes and bake until cakes spring back gently to the touch.
8. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing muffins and placing on a cooling rack.
1. Pop the coconut cream in a pan and heat it until it just boils.
2. Pour over the finely chopped chocolate, and whip with a fork until all the chocolate lumps are gone.
3. Pop into a piping bag or use a spatula to top the muffins.