Easy Homemade Gyoza Dumplings
Does you family love dumplings but often wonder what ingredients they put in the packet options? Why not make your own? We share a gyoza recipe that's really easy to make from our ambassador Karen at The Travelling Kitchen
1 packet square wonton wrappers
200 grams pork mince
2 spring onions
¼ red capsicum
Piece of ginger, grated
1 garlic clove
2 tablespoons kecap manis
1 tablespoon lime juice
2 tablespoons sesame oil
Sweet chilli sauce to serve
Jug for water
1. Wash all vegetables
2. Finely cut spring onions, mushrooms, capsicum and cabbage into small chunks.
3. Grate carrot, ginger and garlic.
4. Add vegetables to bowl with mince.
5. Add lime juice and kecap manis.
6. Mix mixture with spoon or hands.
7. Spoon 1 teaspoon of mixture into centre of wonton wrapper. Using wet fingers brush edges of wrapper to help with joining and fold corners to make a triangle. Pinch corners and round off triangle.
8. Heat fry pan to medium and add sesame oil.
9. Place dumplings into fry pan and close with lid to help steam. Cook for approximately 5 minutes.
10. Allow to cool and then enjoy!