Thanks to Alyce Alexandra for this recipe which looks so incredibly cheesy and tasty. Make sure you visit alycealexandra.com for more food inspiration or find them on Facebook and Instagram @alycealexandracookbooks
Spinach & Ricotta pastizzis
100g mozzarella cheese, roughly chopped
100g parmesan cheese, roughly chopped
2 brown onion, peeled and halved
300g ricotta cheese
500g frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed of liquid
Salt, to taste
6 sheets ready-rolled puff pastry
1. Preheat oven to 200C
2. Place mozzarella and parmesan cheese in TM bowl, grate for 5 seconds, speed 8.
3. Add onion, chop for 5 seconds, speed 5
4. Add ricotta, spinach, eggs and salt, mix for 10 seconds, speed 6. Scrape down sides.
5. Mix for a further 5 seconds, speed 6.
6. Cut pastry sheets into quarters to make four equal squares. Place a heaped tablespoon
of mixture in the centre of each square, then bring all four corners together to enclose
filling. Twists the ends together to seal and form a point.
7. Place on lined baking tray and bake for 20 minutes, or until pastry is browned and flaky.
Serve hot out of the oven.
Recipe from our cookbook Quick fix: Every Occasion